Friday, October 19, 2018

Inktober Day 19


And now we have the face of the Fire Emblem series
as well as Chrom and Lucina's ancestor, Marth.
Because this guy and a boy named Roy were playable
in Smash Bros Melee, Fire Emblem came to Western territories. 
While Fire Emblem did struggle for a time in the following years and
nearly die, it eventually found its way. Now it's a major success,
with a great mobile game, a new entry coming in 2019, and currently 7 
representatives in Smash Bros Ultimate (9 if you include
 Robin and Corrin's gender variants). 

I still remember unlocking Marth back in Melee. My dad and I had 
no idea who he was. Then when heard him speak Japanese in victory 
animation, and we bursted out laughing. Just because it was so random, compared
to the grunts and occasional English from other fighters. Sadly I don't use 
Marth even though he is a solid character to play as. In Brawl I 
fell in love with Ike and always chose him over Marth. Then in 
Wii U Lucina got added and she basically plays just like Marth,
but I'll always chose her over Marth simply for my love of her as a character.  

#Inktober2018

(c)Fire Emblem
(c)Nintendo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment